Originally posted 2015-10-17 08:26:38. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
It seemed like a good idea at first…use Letterman to gain voters.
But then, something went wrong…McCain forgot who he turned to when things seemed bleak..
he snubbed one of the few outlets he had to bring in alienated voters…
now that the chips are down, he came back crawling…lets see the entire history shall we?
McCain uses Letterman to seem more human in April
Letterman on McCain canceling…
When McCain finally come through the show, Letterman had this for the top ten list
10. “Hey, heard you mentioned in the debate. Now can you come over and get the hairball out of my drain?”
9. “Joe Six Pack calling; what are you trying to pull?”
8. “Sorry, wrong number. I was looking for Larry the Cable Guy”
7. “Dude — did you get to meet Fannie Mae?”
6. “This is Sarah Palin, do you consider yourself a maverick plumber?”
5. “You had a better night than Joe the Dodgers’ manager.”
4. “This is Bob Schieffer. Hijack one of my debates again and I’ll bust your kneecaps with a pipe wrench.”
3. “Joe, you gotta get a copy of this Late Show Fun Facts book — it’s hilarious!”
2. “It’s Brian from The Late Show, are you available tonight if McCain cancels?”
1. “It’s Madonna, are you seeing anybody?”
And here is the video of the interview 3 weeks late!
Watch CBS Videos Online